About Me

My photo
By the age of 21, I was a single mother of two and feeling confident that there was no room for "religion" in my life. Christ humbled me and I came to know, love and depend on him as my personal savior. While growing in my faith, God opened my mind and my heart to a man who is now my husband, and a wonderful father to two! Through God's sovereignty, we are blended as one.

01 October 2008

I'M NOT A CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!


Recently we've decided to join the church we have been attending for the past year and it has stirred up lots of conversations at our house. Jarrod has been baptized so he'll be joining by letter, I on the other hand have never been a member of a church so I'll be joining by baptism. (yay!) The kids had lots of questions about all of this and even got to play in the tub where I'll be baptized. (they thought it was a big hot tub!!)
When I put them to bed Sunday night, Trevor asked me about becoming a Christian. He's been talking a lot about this lately so this was normal conversation for us. But this night, he decided he was ready to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior and we prayed then talked about what it meant and then I cried!!!!!!!
On the way to school the next morning I told him to share his good news with his sister. Trevor said, "Guess what? I'm a fisher of men now! Mom, what is a fisher of men again?" I told him and then Mackenzie asked if he was a Christian and he said yes.
Well, she got real quiet and anyone who knows her realizes how unusual this is so I looked through the review mirror and she was bawling!!!!!
When I asked her why she was crying she busted out and said,"I'm the only one in our family whose not a Christian!"
Of course I was fighting back the laughter and I explained to her that God was there whenever she was ready. But I will admit, she is a prideful thing! She started making all the excuses in the world for why she couldn't be a christian right now.
It's funny because at that moment I was frustrated because she was allowing her pride to keep her from the best thing that will ever happen but then I quickly remembered how prideful and out right stubborn I was!
At seven years old, she views Christianity much like I did; thinking you have to give up more than you'll gain and believing that you need to get your life right before coming to Him. She finally said that her heart was just too dirty right now and that she needs to learn more about the bible.
I see how He is working in her heart and I am so grateful! How awesome the day will be when I am comforted by knowing where my babies will spend eternity!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: