About Me

My photo
By the age of 21, I was a single mother of two and feeling confident that there was no room for "religion" in my life. Christ humbled me and I came to know, love and depend on him as my personal savior. While growing in my faith, God opened my mind and my heart to a man who is now my husband, and a wonderful father to two! Through God's sovereignty, we are blended as one.

06 August 2010

Following His will.....

Not long after I got saved, I felt that the Lord was calling me to serve children in some way. I was already working in a child care center, but I still felt that tugging on my heart, so I knew this wasn't all He was asking of me. I began hearing lots of stories about foster care and meeting people who were involved in the program. The light bulb went off and I knew that this was what the Lord was leading me to.

I had no fear about caring for these kids, but at the time I was single and had two small children of my own. With no help and not being financially stable enough to care for additional children, I didn't pursue it.

But if you know my God, you know He doesn't give up so easily! Not long after Jarrod and I were married, I felt that tugging on my heart again. This time I knew, without a doubt, what the Lord was asking of me. I felt confident that Jarrod and I could handle this job! So I talked with Jarrod, sure he was going to be as excited as me! Apparently God was not leading him in the same direction. Being newly married and new to the father role, he asked me to hold off and give him time to think about it. I was not happy with his decision to say the least and was a little confused that the Lord was calling me to do something my husband was opposed to.

So I did what any good wife would do, I nagged! I eventually realized that foster parenting was not something to guilt Jarrod into and if he didn't feel led to do it, I should back off and pray about it.

While getting my lesson in submission, God softened Jarrod's heart to the idea and he was open to learning more about it. During this time, our pastor had a sermon about adoption and caring for the orphaned. I love how God gives you those extra pushes of encouragement!!!

Last week we attended an informational meeting about becoming foster parents in Wake County. The meeting left Jarrod feeling more comfortable with the idea and left me with lots of questions. I know this is what the Lord is calling us to do but all the fears and doubts have crept in. No matter how many times I ask God, "what about this, etc" I still get the same confirmation about foster parenting.

Our 10 week classes begin in September and with those will come lots more information about our responsibilities. Pray that the Lord gives us wisdom and that the fear and doubt will not consume us.

1 comments:

Amber said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you guys :o)!!!!