About Me

My photo
By the age of 21, I was a single mother of two and feeling confident that there was no room for "religion" in my life. Christ humbled me and I came to know, love and depend on him as my personal savior. While growing in my faith, God opened my mind and my heart to a man who is now my husband, and a wonderful father to two! Through God's sovereignty, we are blended as one.

28 December 2009

New Goals for the New Year!

Here we go again! I can't believe it's 2010 already! Every year at this time I reevaluate my life and focus on the areas where I need the most growth. And I don't know about you, but it's easy for me to find MANY areas where I need to grow (o:

One goal of mine for this new year is that I want to work on being an example for my family instead of judging them. I am guilty of leading by the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality instead of leading by example. I am also guilty of blaming others for my actions and reactions. The great thing about this goal is I'm already well aware of when I do this, I'm just not as quick as I'd like to be in preventing it from happening (o:

My next goal is getting my spending under control! I know my husband will love this one! A few years ago, I gave Jarrod most of my credit cards, which have been locked away ever since. In theory, this was a great idea for getting me to spend less, but in actuality, it didn't stop the spending )o: We are able to save some money every month, but not what we could be saving if I wasn't in charge of the finances.

All my goals seem simple enough, but they are areas that I've been struggling in the last year. I hope my first update on my New Years Goals will be an encouraging one!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!

1 comments:

Amber said...

You have some great goals. :o)
Joshua 1:8-9!!!