About Me

My photo
By the age of 21, I was a single mother of two and feeling confident that there was no room for "religion" in my life. Christ humbled me and I came to know, love and depend on him as my personal savior. While growing in my faith, God opened my mind and my heart to a man who is now my husband, and a wonderful father to two! Through God's sovereignty, we are blended as one.

10 April 2009

Happy Easter!

"Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst!" 1 Tim. 1:15

I've memorized this verse, but I still can't wrap my head around it! Jesus, son of God, perfect, holy, without sin, came here to die for ME!!!

I always tend to reflect more on my salvation at Easter and this year is no different. Before I got saved I use to think that I had so much to loose if I decided to follow Jesus. What I didn't realize was that I was designed to have a relationship with Him so turning my back on that didn't make the need for Him go away, it just kept me tangled in the bondage and desperation of my sin.

When I think back to all that He has delivered me from it so overwhelming that I can barely stand at the thought! And even though He's brought me a million miles from where I was, I have a billion more to go! But I am encouraged in that because I don't ever want to get complacent in my need for Him! I need Him desperately and I don't ever want to forget that.

My prayer this Easter is that my friends who are searching for happiness and peace would finally get that! He is the missing part of your life, the one thing you need to truly be happy! I am living proof of that. I was so desperate before Him that I thought about taking my own life. How sad that I didn't feel worthy to live. The thought of Jesus, so selflessly giving His own life for someone who took theirs for granted. I'm humbled at the thought.

"My chains are gone, I've been set free! Sins curse has lost it's grip on me! I am His, and He is mine, bought with the precious blood of Christ!!"

Thank you Jesus!